Analisis Perkembangan Global Value Chain Pada Buah Tropis Global (Studi Kasus di Indonesia)
Tropical fruits are able to make a significant economic contribution and have the potential to support the development of agro-industry in the tropical fruit sector. The demand for tropical fruit is increasing which can have a beneficial effect on economic development. The purpose of this study is to look at the production chain in the tropical fruit sector, to find out the development of the Global Value Chain (GVC), especially in the tropical fruit sector in 2015-2020. The method used is literature study and interviews. The results showed that there was a GVC chain in tropical fruit specifically citrus, mango, mangosteen, and guava which resulted in an increase in the price of these commodities which brought value growth. In tropical fruit GVC, varieties such as mango, mangosteen, and guava are still consumed as fresh fruit and processed as juice. Meanwhile, citrus varieties have various processing results and types. There are several obstacles in the tropical fruit GVC chain such as climate, drought conditions, quality, quantity, low human resources, lack of capital, technology and investors.
Keywords: GVC; Tropical Fruits; Globalization
The authors who publish in Musamus Journal of Agribusiness (MUJAGRI) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- This journal provides immediate open access to its content. All the articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Authors grant the journal right of (1) first publication and distribution of the article, (2) making it available to public, (3) public presentation.
- Authors have the right to enter into separate contractual arrangements for posting the article to an institutional repository or publish it in a book with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to post citations from their work online (e.g. on their website) with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal