Risk Analysis of Rice Price in Related to Ceiling Price of Rice Regulation in South Sumatra Province
Rice is a basic need of Indonesian people which are sensitive in case of price changes. Various price policies have been implemented by the Government to ensure the stability of rice prices. The aim of this research was to analyse the risk of rice prices before and after the stipulation of rice ceiling price. The research was conducted in South Sumatra Province as one of the national food barns. Price risk was measured using the coefficient of variation analysis and the lower price limit. The data used were the time series data of 78 weeks before and 78 weeks after the stipulation of rice ceiling price. The results show premium rice had a higher price risk than medium rice before stipulation of rice ceiling price. But after the establishment of rice ceiling price, medium rice actually has a higher price risk than premium rice.
Keywords: ceiling price; premium and medium rice; risk of price
The authors who publish in Musamus Journal of Agribusiness (MUJAGRI) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- This journal provides immediate open access to its content. All the articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Authors grant the journal right of (1) first publication and distribution of the article, (2) making it available to public, (3) public presentation.
- Authors have the right to enter into separate contractual arrangements for posting the article to an institutional repository or publish it in a book with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to post citations from their work online (e.g. on their website) with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal